A Philadelphia couple says they fell ill after being exposed to a strange smell at the Dominican Republic resort where three have tourists died - and now they want to warn others. Susie Lauterborn, 38, and her husband, Doug Hand, 40 (both pictured), said they became sick within days of checking into their room at the Grand Bahia Principe Hotel in June 2018. Not long after, Lauterborn was suffering from cold sweats, vomiting and diarrhea, the couple said. She also experienced rashes on her torso and had a temperature of over 100 degrees. The couple visited the hotel medic and were given pills but never received a diagnosis.